May 4th . Star Wars Day.

These are FREE PICKS we find on the net from other sources. We do not make these pick, endorse or agree with them. Please use these picks at your own risk. We copy the picks and the source in the daily thread and will update the thread with new picks as we get them.

Moderator: Deuss

Al Capone

May 4th . Star Wars Day.

Steve Janus
1* Free Sharp Play on Yankees -130

The Yankees (-130) are worth a look as a relatively short road favorite against the Blue Jays in Wednesday's MLB action. New York has won 11 straight, including each of the first two games in this series. It's hard to see them snapping their streak with the huge edge they have on the mound. Yankees will turn to Nestor Cortes, who has a 1.31 ERA in 4 starts. Toronto will give the ball to Yusei Kikuchi. He's got a 5.52 ERA and 1.909 WHIP in 4 starts. All 4 have resulted in Blue Jays' losses. Play the Yankees -130!

BLACK WIDOW

1* Free Wiseguy Play on Astros -175

JACK JONES

Jack's Free Pick Wednesday: Milwaukee Brewers -1.5 (-125)

The Cincinnati Reds are just 1-18 in their last 19 games overall with 17 of those 18 losses coming by two runs or more. They are without two of their best hitters in Joey Votto and Jonathan India right now and just a joke of team to this point.

The Milwaukee Brewers are 12-3 in their last 15 games overall with nine wins by two runs or more. They'll go with Freddy Peralta, who is 2-2 with a 3.20 ERA and 0.933 WHIP in eight career starts against the Reds.

Vladimir Gutierrez has been one of the worst starters in baseball for the Reds this season. He is 0-4 with a 7.41 ERA and 1.941 WHIP in four starts. It won't get any easier for him against a Brewers lineup that is heating up, scoring 6.3 runs per game in their last seven games.

Milwaukee is 14-0 in its last 14 games vs. poor power teams that average 0.75 or fewer homers per game. It is winning by 3.5 runs per game on average in this spot. Bet the Brewers on the Run Line Wednesday.

CALVIN KING

[1%] Free Play on Yankees -130

TIMOTHY BLACK

1* Best Bet on Padres -150

WILL ROGERS

The Leafs looked very good in game one, blanking the Lightning 5-0. Campbell was sharp and has been strong down the stretch after a huge stumble mid season. Offense has never been an issue for the Leafs, but they seem to have tightened up on defense, especially after a key defensive addition at the deadline. They have been one of the NHL’s best home teams this season, and the Lightning are fallible on the road. Game 1 could be a wake-up call for the Lightning. It is hard not to be reminded of that 8-2 recent drubbing of the Leafs. it could also be that Toronto is the real thing this year, on their way to rid themselves of that playoff monkey on their back. I am on the Leafs, at least at home tonight.

BRANDON LEE

Wednesday's MLB Free Pick: Washington Nationals +136

I will gladly take my chances with the Nationals as a +136 dog in game 2 of their 3-game series with the Rockies. Washington won the opener 10-2 on Tuesday. It marked the 3rd time in the Nationals last 4 games that they scored at least 10 runs and the 4th straight game where they racked up double-digit hits.

With how hard runs have been to come by early on in the 2022 season, I feel like you got to ride the team that's swinging the hot bat. Especially with the likelihood that the offense stays hot at Coors Field. Colorado will have Austin Gomber on the mound, who has a 3.86 ERA and 1.238 WHIP in 4 starts. Key with that stat line is that Gomber has only had to make one of those starts at home. The one he did make was not good, giving up 5 runs on 8 hits and 4 BBs in just 4 1/3 innings of a loss at home to the Cubs.

The big reason we are getting value with Washington in this game is the awful numbers for Nationals' starter Pat Corbin. He's 0-4 with a 8.69 ERA and 2.084 WHIP in 5 starts. What I like with Corbin is he's coming off his best start of the season, allowing just 2 runs on 4 hits with 8 Ks in 6 innings. If he can just be average in this outing, Washington should be in a great position to win with their offense carrying the load. Give me the Nationals +136!

Confidence Rating: 5 (Scale of 1-10)